14th August 2020 – this position has now been filled – thank you for your interest
Our 6 branch firm of solicitors is looking for a Maintenance Person
The successful applicant will be based in the Maidenhead office but will travel around all our sites. A company van is provided for travel and transportation of equipment etc. The remaining offices are in London, Slough, High Wycombe, Aylesbury and Farnham.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Looking after van and arranging Mot, service etc.
- Regularly taking and/or retrieving boxes of files etc. to the storage facility in Swansea
- Annual Pat Testing throughout the Firm (Training can be provided)
- Fire Risk Assessments and receiving and giving training in the use of fire extinguishers working with the Compliance Officer.
- Arranging the disposal of old furniture, light bulbs and office/IT equipment in accordance with The Waste Management Directive.
- General Maintenance of the offices including internal and external decoration and repairs.
- Lay floor coverings, small plastering jobs, minor plumbing jobs
- Where unable to make repairs arranging and supervising outside contractors.
- Fitting shelves, cupboards, hanging blinds and setting up new furniture.
- Moving offices and re-arranging office layouts as required.
- At all times working closely with the Finance Team and the IT Manager
- Hold a full current UK Driver’s Licence with no more than 3 points on
- Able to perform the duties listed above
- Able and willing to work out of usual office ours to accommodate work and emergency repairs etc.
- Able to work to time frames and within budgets.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with General Data Protection Regulations
- At least 5 years General Building and Maintenance experience
Terms of Employment:
- 5 days a week Monday to Friday inclusive
- May be required to swap days for occasional weekend working
- Contractual hours 8:30am to 5:30pm for 1 hour for lunch
- The start and end times are flexible to facilitate jobs e.g. when working in London or driving to Swansea
- 28 days paid leave per annum including bank holidays
- Van supplied and all business related fuel expenditure
Please apply by submitting your full CV to email@example.com
Please note you will only receive a reply if you have been selected for interview.