Government Cyber Essentials Plus Accreditation – We recognise the importance of cybersecurity for our clients and the third parties we work with. That’s why we’ve invested in accreditation under the government’s Cyber Essentials Plus Accreditation scheme. The scheme, backed by industry including the CBI and the Federation of Small Businesses, helps organisations to guard against the most common cyber threats and demonstrate a commitment to cybersecurity.
Participating organisations have the opportunity to attain one of two accreditations: the Cyber Essentials badge (awarded following self-assessment) and Cyber Essentials PLUS badge (awarded after an independent assessment by a certification body). We are proud to report that Kidd Rapinet LLP has been awarded the higher of the two, Cyber Essentials PLUS
The scheme addresses the most common internet-based threats to cybersecurity, namely:
- hacking — exploiting known vulnerabilities in internet-connected devices, using widely available tools and techniques;
- phishing — and other ways of tricking users into installing or executing a malicious application; and
- password guessing — manual or automated attempts to log on from the internet, by guessing passwords.
It helps organisations to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data stored on devices which connect to the internet, including:
- desktop and laptop PCs;
- tablets and smartphones; and
- all types of server and networking equipment.
We registered with DigitalXRAID Ltd, cybersecurity experts who are certified to award the Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials PLUS badges. They carried out a thorough assessment of Kidd Rapinet LLP, including a technical review of our systems addressing the following criteria:
- Can malicious files enter the organisation from the internet through web traffic or email messages?
- If malicious content did enter our organisation, how effective are our anti-virus and malware protection mechanisms?
- If our protection mechanisms failed, how likely is it that our organisation would be compromised due to failings in the patching of our workstations?
We passed these rigorous checks and now hold the Cyber Essentials PLUS badge, which demonstrates that we have achieved a fundamental level of cybersecurity for the benefit of clients and all those we work with.