Immigration Solicitors for Individuals

We are leading immigration solicitors, based in Canary Wharf, serving individuals at all stages of their immigration journey from entry clearance to settlement and/or British Citizenship.

Our team of immigration solicitors collectively has more than 25 years’ experience helping individuals and businesses with all aspects of immigration law.


Immigration Application Process

We offer expert legal and practical advice to help you navigate through what is often a complex immigration application process. Whether you are applying from outside or inside the UK rest assured we will support you from start to finish. We advise on the different requirements and specific evidence required for every immigration application. We prepare all immigration documentation and draft the application for submission. If needed, we can also accompany you to the overseas consulate.

Over the years, we have established an excellent working relationship with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). We also deal frequently with Visa Application Centres, British High Commissions and British Embassies around the world.

We offer advice to EEA and Swiss Citizens applying under the EU Settlement Scheme and assist their family members to join them or remain in the UK. We also assist non-UK nationals facing deportation and those challenging immigration decisions by way of appeal or review.

There are many questions with any immigration application – below we have answered a few but please do get in touch to discuss your particular application and how we may help.  

It may be possible to extend your stay as a visitor, depending on how long your initial visa was valid. However, generally speaking it is not possible to switch into another immigration category if you arrive in the UK as a visitor. You should leave the UK and make an application from overseas to return to the UK under the correct immigration category.

In some exceptional circumstances, it may be possible to apply from within the UK. For example, concessions have been introduced to allow for applications to be made from within the UK where, because of the coronavirus, it is not possible to leave the UK and make the application from overseas.

Most applications are decided within 6 months but many are much quicker. The exact time will depend on which immigration category you are applying under and whether you are making your application from in or outside of the UK.

We will endeavour to submit your application promptly, once we have received your full instructions and all of the necessary information and supporting documentation.

If you are in a particular hurry, for an additional fee, it may be possible to receive a priority service. For applications made from within the UK, this could be as quickly as the next working day (super priority service) or within 5 working days (priority service).

A biometric enrolment appointment is part of the application process and must be completed to validate your application. The appointment is booked online following the submission of your online application form and requires you to physically attend the selected application centre, with your original passport or identity documents.

At the appointment, your fingerprints will be recorded and a facial image will be taken. If your supporting evidence has not been uploaded prior to your appointment, this will need to be scanned in too.

We’re here to support
your next step

Whatever that may be

Request a video call, phone call
or an in-person meeting

    Immigration Processes

    Our immigration services for individuals are extensive and not all listed. If you cannot see the area of immigration law you need help with, please contact our team.

    Applications for Visas

    Short term and long term visa applications, including those under the points based system

    Applications for entry clearance

    Leave to Remain and Indefinite Leave to Remain

    Applications for naturalisation and British citizenship

    Advice and support to apply for British Citizenship


    Advice for migrant spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners, dependants and children

    Applications for European Economic Area (EEA)

    Family permits, residence cards, permanent residence cards, and retained rights of residence as a dependant or partner of an EEA national

    Diplomatic staff

    Advice for domestic staff in diplomatic and private households

    We’re here to support your next step

    Request a video call, phone call or an in-person meeting

    We have used the Kidd Rapinet immigration team for personal and business immigration matters – all of which have been resolved successfully under the management of Gooch Heer. We would highly recommend him and his team – all of whom are very professional and caring.

    Immigration Client, Canary Wharf

    Cameron KinrossImmigration