Our fees for the full administration of the estate
Depending on the nature of the instructions we offer two fee options as follows:
Option 1: Applying a 0.75% percentage of the value of the deceased’s property and 1.5%for the gross value of the remaining assets in the estate; or
Option 2: Working on a time spent basis during which all meetings, telephone calls, emails, letters, drafting and research is accurately recorded and billed for, based on the hourly rate of the legal professional with conduct of the matter.
This quote is for estates where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 4 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are 1-4 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances and complexity of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We are able to act on your behalf in dealing with all matters relating to the administration of the estate whether that means paying the utilities of the property, or dealing with distributing funds between beneficiaries. Feel free to contact us to discuss how we can assist you.